What is Camp JCC?
- EXCEPTIONAL facilities including indoor climbing wall, expansive playing fields, low ropes course, basketball courts, large outdoor amphitheater, air-conditioned classrooms, several pavilions and numerous hiking trails
- EXCEPTIONAL soccer fields, tennis courts, outdoor basketball courts, playgrounds
- New JCade interactive fitness arcade
- STATE OF THE ART Early Childhood Wing
- OUTSTANDING variety of programs to meet all campers' needs from early childhood camp to traditional day camp to sports and specialty camps to teen travel programs
- LARGEST outdoor pool in the North Wilmington area, with a 50 foot long spiral water slide
- DAILY activities include arts and crafts, nature, Judaics, drama, Israeli culture, camp songs, as well as daily swimming for ALL camps
- JEWISH enrichment including music, dance, crafts, Hebrew language and more
- A community with a purpose, committed to the values of the Siegel JCC
- THE number one choice for quality!
All camp families must be either current JCC Family or Single Parent Members throughout the summer OR qualify for the Non-member offer. Membership category must reflect current family status. Families whose memberships are to be renewed in July or August must pay the next year's membership dues by June 3, 2013.
In order to provide a quality Jewish day camp experience for all children, the JCC now offers a non-member option for families who have not been members for the past year. For $50 per week per family, children are welcome to participate in our day camp. The user fee will be applied to JCC memberships purchased through October 1, 2013. Restrictions apply. Please call Wendi Weingartner, JCC Membership Director, for more information.
Registration, Fees, and Refunds
All applications must be returned with a non-refundable deposit of $100, which will be applied to camp fees. Any application without full and clear information cannot be processed. The JCC cannot guarantee a place for any camper whose registration arrives at the JCC after June 3, 2013 or whose balance is not paid in full. ALL BALANCES ARE DUE IN FULL BY JUNE 3, 2013. Payment plans must be arranged with the business office, at the JCC, prior to June 3, 2013. There will be no refunds for any changes within the camp program or cancellations after June 3, 2013. All additions must be communicated in writing with payment enclosed.
How to Register for Camp
To ensure that no child is denied a camp experience due to the family's inability to pay, scholarship funds are available. Applications should be turned in by April 26, 2013. No applications will be accepted after this date. Financial aid is given on a first come first serve basis. Purchase of care is accepted on a limited basis. For additional information call Wendi Weingartner, Membership Director at (302) 478-5660.
Tzedakah - Contribution
Please consider helping to give a deserving child the opportunity to attend summer camp. You can add a tax- deductible gift to our Camp Scholarship Fund to the enclosed registration form.
Each camper registered by June 3, 2013 for eight weeks of camp between June 24th and August 16th, 2013 will receive a 10% discount off weekly fees (up to $200). Campers registered by February 25, 2013 will also receive $15 per 2 weeks (up to $60) per camper. Campers registered by April 15, 2013 will receive $10 per 2 weeks (up to $40) per camper. The February and April Early Bird Discounts only apply to campers signed up for camp between June 24th and August 16th. Your camp JCC tuition may qualify as a child care expense for tax purposes. Please check with a qualified tax consultant. The JCC's Tax ID# is 51-0075823.
Medical/Release information on the registration form MUST be completed, for your child’s protection, by a parent/guardian and returned by June 3, 2013. All campers must provide proof of immunization (with doctor’s signature) to Camp by Monday, June 3, 2013. Your camper will not be released to anyone other than a parent, guardian, or those listed on the release form. No child will be allowed to participate in camp activities without this completed information and proof of immunization. First Aid/CPR trained staff are on duty from 9:00am – 4:00pm. A Medical Advisory Committee of local pediatricians assists in monitoring health conditions and advising camp personnel. Camp JCC also has a nurse on staff from 8:30am – 4:00pm.
All food served at Camp JCC is Kosher. We ask that families help us to maintain Kashrut (dietary laws) by sending a non-meat lunch, which will be refrigerated. Kosher snacks are served daily. The Camp Parent's Manual, which is emailed out in May, will have further details and suggestions.
Every year we have two guests from Israel at Camp JCC. They share their culture, language and ruach (spirit) with our campers! Families can share this international experience by extending home hospitality. Please contact Oren Schragger at (302) 478-5660 if you are interested in housing our Israeli guests.
Campers with cognitive and/or physical challenges are encouraged to participate in many of our regular age-appropriate camping programs. Contact Carrie Kee at 302-478-5660 for information.
Meet the Camp Administration
We are extremely excited by the new camps we have to offer and as always the new twists we have on the old ones. Our camp family looks forward to meeting your family. Our year-round professional staff will also dedicate their experience and enthusiasm to camp.
- Proven experienced staff
- Excellent staff to camper ratios
- Many of our head staff are returning Camp JCC Staff
- Senior Counselors are college-age or beyond
- Junior Counselors are chosen from area high schools
- Many of our staff are former campers and participated in our LIT (Leaders-In-Training) program
- Interview process examines education, training, prior camp experience, and ability to work with children
- Staff participate in orientation which includes topics such as working with children, safety, programming, leadership and much more
- Camp Information
- Important Dates
- Registration and Forms
- Join Our Staff
- Camp Photos & Videos
- Nachas and Nus (Newsletters)
- Camps Brochure
- 2013 Camp JCC Survey